Semester start 2021
The new academic year will officially start with the opening cereomony on 17 August 2021. Information about where and when to meet will be sent by e-mail to new students and this information will also be available on our website. Students continuing their studies at VUC will find information about the start of their semester in Canvas.
We look forward to welcoming you to Volda! For a safe start to the new academic year, we ask everyone to read the VUC Guide for desease control and prevention (regarding the Covid-19 pandemic).
What do you need to do as a new student?
1. Register as a student at VUC from 1 August to gain access to e-learning system and other student tools.
2. Check where and when to meet for the first day of classes. You will find information about this in our learning platform, Canvas. To access Canvas, you must first register as student. Information about the semester start will also be sent by e-mail to new students.
3. Check out the international meeting place Pangaia, a hub for social activities that also provides extra assistance for international students. Read more about our plans for a social start to the new academic year.
4. Read up on useful information for new students below:
NB! Students who are entitled to grants and loans from the Norwegian state educational loan fund (Lånekassen) must remember to apply for grants/loans.
Tips and useful information for new students
Students get information regarding studies and student life through various channels at the university college, such as: Studentweb, Canvas - Learning Management System, e-mail and the Student Service Office-page at hivolda.no.
SiVolda is the short name of Studentsamskipnaden in Volda. SiVolda is a service- and welfare organisation for all the students in Volda.
There are many apartments and flats available on the private housing market. You may search for private accommodation on the website Hybel.no and/or the Facebook group Til leige i Volda og Ørsta.
We promise to look well after each and every student at VUC. In our community, we care for each other! We have a range of welfare services that ensure a safe and good study environment for all. These services and offers will be presented to you at the start of the semester.
Do you have special needs related to your studies? Volda University College has a team of dedicated staff members working to make your everday life as a student better.
We recommend all students and staff to check out the website sikresiden.no. Here you will find information on what to do in the case of an emergency, basic first aid and find contact information to emergency units. If you wish to be extra prepared, do save a short cut for sikresiden.no on your mobile phone.
On our website, we have a section called SPEAK UP. Here you can inform us about things you find difficult to address with others.
Volda University College also offers a free health clinique for students in cooperation with the municipality of Volda which offers a number of services.
Traveling to and from Volda is normally not very difficult. There are several ways to get here, depending on time, budget and your preferred transport method.
Didn't find what you were looking for ?
Student Service Office
Stop by during opening hours:
- Monday, from 9.30 am - 3.00 pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
- +47 70 07 50 18 | email@example.com
Visit the Student Service Office in Berte Kanutte (BK), ground floor
- Monday - Friday, 8.00 am - 3.30 pm
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +47 70 07 54 00
IT-support is located in Berte Kanutte (BK), ground floor, next to the cafeteria.