There is no opening ceremony for the spring semester 2020
What do you need to do as a new student?
1. Register for the semester (to gain access to e-learning system and other student tools)
2. Check where and when to meet for the first day of classes. See the practical information for your course of study.
(if you are already a student at VUC, see the schedule for the first week of classes in Canvas.)
Note! Incoming exchange students will get information about the start of the semester directly from the International Office.
3. Turn to Pangaia about how to join activities to meet new friends!
4. Read up on useful information for new students underneath:
NB! Students who are entitled to grants and loans from the Norwegian state educational loan fund (Lånekassen) must remember to apply for grants/loans.
Checklist for new students
VUC students are issued a student ID card which can be used to:
- access to main campus buildings and rooms after opening hours (evenings and weekends)
- borrow of books in the university college library
- print at the printer/copy machines on campus (all students will initially have 30 prints on their account)
All students are required to pay a semester fee. Payment deadline and information about amount can be found in Studentweb
Note that incoming exchange students from partner universities, are exempt from paying the semester fee at VUC since they pay semester fees to their home university.
Volda University College offers a digital Student ID (Studentbevis app) which replaces the paper-based semester receipt. The digital semester receipt can be downloaded on your mobile device through the app and will be accepted as proof of student status by transport service companies in Norway. For degree students, payment of semester fee and semester registration are required to access the digital Student ID.
- More information about Student identity card, semester fee and semester card
- Please contact the Student Service Office in Berte Kanutte-huset if you have any questions: +47 70 07 50 18 | email@example.com
Students get information regarding studies and student life through various channels at the university college, such as: Studentweb, Canvas - Learning Management System, e-mail and the Student Service Office-page at hivolda.no.
We also invite you to follow Volda University College on social media such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snap: @hivolda. The Studen Parliament at VUC also posts activites and events on their Facebook-group.
Sivolda is the short name of Studentsamskipnaden in Volda. Sivolda is a service- and welfare organisation for all the students in Volda, and are working to give every student a safe and effective study situation.
There are many apartments and flats available on the private housing market. You may search for private accommodation on the website Hybel.no and/or the Facebook group Til leige i Volda og Ørsta.
Do you have special needs related to your studies? Volda University College has a team of dedicated staff members working to make your everday life as a student better.
We recommend all students and staff to check out the website sikresiden.no. Here you will find information on what to do in the case of an emergency, basic first aid and find contact information to emergency units. If you wish to be extra prepared, do save a short cut for sikresiden.no on your mobile phone.
On our website, we have a section called SPEAK UP. Here you can inform us about things you find difficult to address with others.
Volda University College also offers a free health clinique for students in cooperation with the municipality of Volda which offers a number of services.
Traveling to and from Volda is easy. There are several ways to get here, depending on time, budget and your preferred transport method.
Didn't find what you were looking for ?
Student Service Office
Stop by during opening hours:
- Monday, from 9.30 am - 3.00 pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
- +47 70 07 50 18 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Student Service Office in Berte Kanutte (BK), ground floor
- Monday - Friday, 8.00 am - 3.30 pm
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +47 70 07 54 00
IT-support is located in Berte Kanutte (BK), ground floor, next to the cafeteria.