How to apply - exchange students

Exchange students apply to Volda University College (VUC) through the International Office at their home university. A bilateral or similar cooperation agreement involving VUC and the home university must be in place for one to apply as an exchange student. VUC accepts exchange students within the frameworks of Erasmus+ and EEA-agreements, bilateral agreements and Nordplus networks. Check our partner list to see if your institution has an agreement with Volda.

Application deadlines

  • 15th of May - for the autumn semester or the entire academic year
  • 15th of November - for the spring semester

The application deadlines are final. We recommend students requiring a student visa/permit to submit the documents in good time before 15th May/November, in order to be sure they get a study permit before the start of the semester.

Application for studies

All exchange students must be nominated by their home university before they can apply to VUC. Once you have been nominated, you will receive an automatic email with a link to our Application Portal (SøknadsWeb). Follow the instructions there and fill out the required fields. You must upload all the application and support documents in the Application Portal for your exchange application to be valid. 

A complete application must include the documents listed below. Please note that not all the courses require motivation letters, CVs, portfolios etc. To find out if you must submit any of these specific documents, read carefully the course description.

  • VUC Application Form
  • Learning Agreement - completed and duly signed/stamped (only for Erasmus students)
  • Transcript of records (in English) from university
  • Copy of passport - the page containing your name, picture and personal data
  • Copy of European Health Insurance Card (or equivalent health insurance)
  • Motivation letter (if stated in the course description)
  • Portfolio (if stated in the course description, for example animation courses)
  • CV (if stated in the course description)

Application for housing

VUC guarantees housing in the student dorms for all exchange students, provided they apply within the deadlines specified in the section above. You must apply separately and personally for housing, directly to the Student Welfare Organization (SiVolda).


Application for student visa/permit

Exchange students from holding citizenships from countries outside the EU/EEA must apply for a student visa/permit before coming to Volda. We recommend that you contact the Norwegian authorities in your home country soonest possible and start the visa process immediately after you received the Acceptance Letter from Volda. Only students holding a valid Acceptance letter are eligible for a student visa.