An important part of the exchange period is to ensure the best possible accommodation. Normally, students choose accommodation in dialogue with the partner university abroad, but procedures vary.

Some universities enables you to apply for housing in the application for exchange, whereas some universities asks you to apply for housing to a separate housing office. Not all of VUC's partner universities offer student housing, but in most cases it is possible to get some help to find housing from the International Office of the partner university.

Note! The VUC International Office warns you not to pay for private accommodation before departure. On several occasions, students have been fooled by online schemes. We recommend that you leave a few weeks before the start of the semester to enable you to get a close look at the various housing options before you decide what to rent.

It is smart to decide early whether to opt for private or student accommodation. Read reports from past exchange students to find out what is the best option.

Contact information

When you know your address abroad, we ask you to register this in Studentweb, so that Volda Unviersity College knows your whereabouts. Remember also to give your family and friends back home your new contact information.