Kristofer and Gry Molvær Hivju to Volda University College
The couple are main speakers on the annual International Day 6th of February. The world famous actor was voted Dream Guest by last year’s participants.
This year the annual International Day at Volda University College will have a Hollywood feel, with Kristofer and Gry Molvær Hivju as main guests and speakers.
- We want the main speakers to offer inspiration and share international experience with our students and colleagues, says Iulia Beluta and Marthe Osmundsen from the International Offices.
- Our goal is for people to dare to dream big, and see the value of searching for impulses abroad. We think the Hivjus are a perfect fit for this role!
Beluta and Osmundsen reveals the story behind the invitation:
- Last year, the students were asked who their dream guest for next years International Day would be. Kristofer Hivju won by a mile. So we are of course really excited and honored that Kristofer and Gry accepted our invitation, and wants to share from their experiences in both studying and working abroad.
- We have been looking forward to telling the students that their wish came true!
Game of Thrones giant
Kristofer Hivju has become an international giant after playing Tormund Giantsbane in the HBO success Game of Thrones. He is also known from Fast and the Furious, The Thing, After Earth and Beck, to mention some of his roles. He did his theater studies in Denmark.
Read more about Kristofer Hivju here https://www.panoramaagency.com/client/kristofer-hivju/
Gry Molvær Hivju of Sula, Sunnmøre, was a student of Volda University College herself. She graduated as a journalist, and has added international politics and political science to her resymé, in addition to graduating in art studies. She was a part of the Norwegian National Broadcasting MasterClass of hand picked talents in directing and producing. Later, her career has included working as a science journalist, within photography and documentary films. Molvær Hivju has won several avards for her work and language skills.
Adding an evening show
In addition to star material at day, International Day serves the students and staff at Volda University College an evening show this year. The successful writer and publisist Julien S. Bourrelle, the man behind the best seller «The Social Guidebook to Norway» will perform on stage at the Student Venue «Rokken».
- Julien S. Bourrelle will make sure we are ending our International Day having great fun. and we are happy to have added this type of show to our program this year, says Osmundsen and Beleuta.
- Look abroad!
The main part of International Day will be situated at Berte Kanutte House as usual. In addition to the main speakers, 25 guests from 18 partner countries will participate, and you will have the possibility to meet international students studying in Volda, and students from Volda that have been studying abroad.
- We hope that both students and our colleagues at Volda University College will join us to both celebrate and experience. We’ll offer inspiration and information, and make sure everyone can get a sense of why including international experience can be so valuable and fun. Make sure to reach out to those destinations and schools you might want to attend in the future, says the duo in charge of the arrangement.
They encourage everyone to be early to get seats, and to bring either student or employee badges to be able to take part.
International Day kicks off at 11.30, and the main speakers will enter the stage at 12.00.