KOH131UTV Visual Communication for exchange students
This is a basic course in visual communication. The students gain knowledge and skills in working with two-dimensional designs, using different tools, materials and techniques. Formal aesthetics, form, color and signs, are important parts of instruction and assignments. Students gain basic knowledge of targeted communication, using visual language.
In accordance to the National Qualifications Framework the student will achieve the following learning outcomes after completing the course:
• has knowledge of using various tools and techniques, analogue and digital
• has knowledge of visual grammar and color theory
• has knowledge of development of ideas and sketch work as part of a creative process
• has knowledge of different visual imagery.
• has skills in using various tools and techniques, analouge and digital
• has skills in using visual grammar and color theory in their own, creative process
• has skills in consciously working with the development of ideas and sketch work as part of a creative process
• has skills in evaluating and reflecting upon various visual expressions.
- has understanding of the use of visual communication in society
- has understanding of how the choice of materials and tools effect visual communication.
The course mainly focuses on practical, two-dimensional work based on the use of different tools, materials and techniques. The assignments given will improve the students basic knowledge and skills in communicating visually.
Teaching methods include a combination of lectures, individual assignments, digital teaching resources, group work and independent studies. It is expected that students will largely take responsibility of their own learning through student-active teaching and learning methods. Students receive process evaluations in work sessions or during presentations. The main language in class will be English.
Absence: The instruction is mandatory. Students that are absent from the lectures, are solely responsible of getting information about the lecture. Attendance at the lectures/workshops according the current rules for VUC.
Course requirements: Completed assignments must be submitted within the stipulated deadlines.
Grading will be done in accordance to the Regulations governing admission, studies and examinations at Volda University College
Each student has to purchase/bring basic tools for drawing and painting.
Each student has to pay a fee of 150 n.kr. for the use of available paper, materials and tools in the art studio.
|Form of assessment||Grouping||Duration||Type of duration||Grading scale||Proportion||Comment||Supported material||Scope|
|Portfolio||Individual||Semester||A-F, A is the best grade and E is the lowest passing grade||A folder containing practical assignments and written reflections.|
|Form of assessment:||Portfolio|
|Type of duration:||Semester|
|Grading scale:||A-F, A is the best grade and E is the lowest passing grade|
|Scope:||A folder containing practical assignments and written reflections.|