ANI201 Animation 4 - production/specializing 1
Specialization course where the student through one or more practical projects is able to deepen their knowledge and skills in one or more chosen techniques.
The students can choose between two alternatives:
- The student shall make at least one minute of completed animation in chosen technique or a combination of techniques. A shorter project may be accepted if it is made in classic cartoon animation. No complete narrative is required, but the student shall through the work show skills and knowledge beyond the basic level in the chosen animation technique.
- The student takes part in an animation project related to the animation industry. It might be an advertising film, music video, a title sequence, a pilot for a program/series etc. The project can be made within the school or with an external producer/studio or as part of an international exchange at an education partner abroad. The project must be accepted by the teacher in charge. The student shall participate in, or conduct individually, an industry oriented animation project. This could be a commercial, a music video, a vignette, pilot or other relevant projects. The project could be provided by the study programme or by an external producer. The project must be approved by the course responsible.
Admission for exchange students is based exclusively on portfolio assessment. All exchange students must submit a link to their online portfolio, together with the application documents.
In accordance to the National Qualifications Framework the student will achieve the following learning outcomes after completing the course:
The students shall obtain advanced knowledge of:
• the process and production of a small animation project
• the role of the animation industry in the overall media landscape
The students shall:
• be able to work in a professional animation studio
• be able to collaborate with other animators and understand how the animation industry works
• have extended knowledge of chosen animation technique
The students shall:
• be able to collaborate with colleagues on a creative project
• be able to communicate through audio-visual texts
• be able to communicate and work in an international setting
Different methods may be used according to project, individual work, workshops and team work.
The student shall present a plan for the project and a work schedule to the course leader before the project starts, at least two weeks after the beginning of the semester. The student is not allowed to start the project before the project is accepted.
Grading will be done in accordance with the Regulations governing admission, studies and examinations at Volda University College
The course will be evaluated in accordance with the University College’s routines for quality assurance.
|Form of assessment||Grouping||Duration||Type of duration||Grading scale||Proportion||Comment||Supported material||Scope|
|Produkt/produksjon||Individual||1||Semester||Pass / fail|
|Form of assessment:||Produkt/produksjon|
|Type of duration:||Semester|
|Grading scale:||Pass / fail|