ANI121 Animation 1: Basics of animation - 2D/cartoons
The course consist of the basic principles in animation films. Use of line-test and Animatic, basic cartoon layout, basic training in software for digital coloring and completion of a cartoon film. The students shall receive basic introduction to, and practical experience with, use of equipment for sound recording and software for editing video and sound.
Admission for exchange students is based exclusively on portfolio assessment. All exchange students must submit a link to their online portfolio, together with the application documents.
In accordance to the National Qualifications Framework the student will achieve the following learning outcomes after completing the course:
• basic principles for movement and patterns of movement in animation
• various software for the production of cartoons and for editing sound and video
• be able to make and simple animation film sequences
• be able to use digital animation software for coloring and completion of a cartoon
• be able to edit a simple animation film
• be able to use drawings as a form of expression in animation
• the student should be aware of the possibilities and limitations of animation films in conveying a story, and through practical work, know how ideas and stories can be visualized through storyboards and animatics
Lectures, group work and individual work with tutoring. Attendance is mandatory.
Course leader informs by semester start of the actual project. Final exam is based on a portfolio assessment.
- basic cartoon excersises
- one animatic
- digital cartoon excersises
Grading will be done in accordance with the Regulations governing admission, studies and examinations at Volda University College
The course will be evaluated in accordance with the University College’s routines for quality assurance.
|Form of assessment||Grouping||Duration||Type of duration||Grading scale||Proportion||Comment||Supported material||Scope|
|Portfolio||-||1||Semester||Pass / fail||100|
|Form of assessment:||Portfolio|
|Type of duration:||Semester|
|Grading scale:||Pass / fail|