The library is open
Staff and students now have access to the library again and are welcome to come to the library, borrow books and return books at the marked return points. The normal rules for infectious disease control and distancing apply, and it is not permitted to come to the library if you are sick or undergoing required quarantine/isolation.
When coming to the library, it is important that you keep a distance of at least 1-2 meters from those who help you, and that you make your visit to the information desk as short as possible. More involved/time-consuming guidance should be carried out via telephone or video call.
During open hours, please make an effort to find books yourself. If you have books to return, you can do so in the returns boxes outside the library.
After use, wipe down the printers and self-checkout machine using the paper towel and cleaning solution the library has set out for this purpose.
You are free to use the library’s reading spaces as long as you keep a sufficient distance from the people around you.
Borrowing and requesting books
- Check that the items you want to borrow are available in Oria first, find them on the shelf in the library and borrow them as usual at the self-checkout machine or the information desk.
- NB! At the moment it is still not possible to reserve items that are on loan/checked out.
- We still recommend for students outside of the Ørsta-Volda area to first check for digital alternatives at the Norwegian National Library (Nasjonalbiblioteket) online collection. If you can’t find the books you need and they are available on Oria, you can send a request to us via e-mail at email@example.com and we will send the books to you in the mail, but please note that we cannot send to outside of Norway.
- Otherwise requesting books and other material on Oria remains closed, and the Get it Now button will not be available.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to order books and articles through interlibrary loans from other libraries. Some libraries still have closed services, but we will help you as best we can.
- Search in Oria to see what we have access to. In the menu to the left of the search box, you can select HVO e-resources to get an overview of what is available digitally.
- You can also use other databases, an overview of databases, e-books and other resources is available on our Search for Literature page and our Subject areas and research page.
- Log in with your Feide/Canvas-ID to get access to resources when off campus.
- Students and staff now have digital access to Norwegian books, newspapers and journals from the online library at the National Library (Nettbiblioteket I Nasjonalbiblioteket). Log in via Feide to get access.
Help and guidance from the library
- You can contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or call us on 70 07 50 60, 9am-3:00pm Monday-Friday. We will do the best we can to help you and answer any questions
- Students and staff of Volda University College who need help with literature search, reference management in APA or academic writing can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Borrow a librarian to book an online help session via Zoom. You can also get help via e-mail and on the phone.
Drop-in Citation Station on Zoom
If you think citations are hassle or have been a bit APAthetic about your reference lists, our drop-in Citation Station service on Zoom is the place for you! At the Citation Station you can get help and advice on citations in APA style. We will NOT do your entire reference list for you, but we can give advice on some issues you need help with. We can also direct you to helpful APA examples and guides on our webpage.
We will be available on Zoom every Tuesday 12 noon to 2pm and every Wednesday 1pm to 3pm, from 5th May until 4th June.
Go into Canvas and click on the link to Zoom to join.