MMP308 Media Producing
The course is open to students in the MMP program specializing in film or animation. You must have a BA-degree in film or animation, or another relevant education combined with extensive professional experience in making films. Each student brings their own film project to the course to work on, which is a prerequisite for taking the course.
On this course, students will work in depth on the craft of bringing a media production to reality through the skillsets of a writer / independent producer. The course is specifically aimed at students specializing in animation film or factual film production. Students are encouraged to use the course to prepare their practical master film projects for production.
In accordance with the National Qualifications Framework the student will achieve the following learning outcomes after completing the course:
- Has advanced knowledge of narrative and storytelling
- Has advanced knowledge of how to develop and rewrite a media production
- Has advanced knowledge of scriptwriting conventions, formats and structures
- Has advanced knowledge of budgeting, scheduling and financing for media production
- Has thorough knowledge of distribution techniques and production methods in the field
- Can create and deliver pitches
- Can develop, plan and prepare productions across multiple genres and formats
- Can analyse and critically evaluate various sources of information to structure and formulate their decision making process and validate their choices
- Can present and communicate project ideas verbally and in writing
- Can communicate extensively about skills and knowledge in writing and developing media products and utilize appropriate terminology in correct contexts
- Can communicate extensively about skills and knowledge in producing and utilize appropriate terminology in correct contexts
- Can apply knowledge and skills in new areas to carry out advanced assignments and projects
The course has compulsory attendance by the 80/20 rule and will consist of different workshops combined with lectures and practical work, in groups or individually. (See: Regulations governing studies and examinations are to be found at Volda University College, §4.6 on attendance/participation in teaching.)
Students will work with different obligatory work requirements throughout the semester, details of which will be stated in the semester plan. Parts of the program can be implemented as e-learning modules and screen-based teaching and guidance.
The course will be taught in English if there are international students participating. Written work requirements may be written in Norwegian or English.
- The student must have satisfactory attendance.
- The student must hand in a one page outline of proposed master project, or another film project to be developed during the course. To be presented in the first week of study.
- The student must complete all work requirements in the course, which includes creating a complete pitch, writing a screenplay or an extended synopsis, and produce production plans with relevant paperwork for their chosen production.
Examination results are executed in accordance with the Directive for Admission, Studies and Examination at Volda University College, § 5-11.
|Mappeeksamen||Individuell||1||semester||A-F, der A er best og E er siste ståkarakter||Final assessment in the course is done on the basis of a folder containing the work requirements of the course and an individual report with length of about 2000 words.|
|Karakterskala:||A-F, der A er best og E er siste ståkarakter|
|Kommentar:||Final assessment in the course is done on the basis of a folder containing the work requirements of the course and an individual report with length of about 2000 words.|